What is PBIS?
PBIS is a framework for planning and organizing evidence based behavioral interventions school wide to support academic and social behavior success for all students. Sunnybrae is now in year two of Implementing school wide PBIS.
- Use positive expectations that are taught and encouraged.
- Teach classroom routines and cues.
- Give 5 positive to 1 negative adult /student interactions.
- Redirect students for minor behaviors.
- Effectively teach academic instruction and curriculum.
- Regularly review PBIS school wide guidelines re-teaching when necessary.
- Guide and monitor implementation of PBIS interventions and supports.